About Arduino Day
Arduino Day is the worldwide celebration of Arduino’s birthday. Last year we celebrated Arduino Day at Viluppuram. This year we are hosting the event at Puducherry. We are doing a hands-on session where people can participate as teams. This event will help you get started with Arduino and so you can start hacking with the hardware and play around.
Who Can Participate?
This event is targeted at students who have interest with computer hardware and software. Students of any discipline (Engineering, Arts & Science, etc.,) are also welcome.
What will you learn?
- Downloading & Installing Arduino IDE in your computer.
- Blinking the LED.
- LED fading effects.
- Playing the Buzzer Alarm.
- Working with Ultra Sonic Sensor.
- Detecting Light using LDR.
- Controlling simple DC Motor using Arduino.
- Serial Communication Python – Arduino.
How Can I Participate?
You can participate as a Team from your institution or from different institution. You have to register your team here.
- A team can have maximum of 4 members and minimum of 2 members.
- Also we have very limited number of Arduino boards with us, so we are accepting registration for only 6-7 teams.
- Registration is based on First Come First Serve basis.
Should I bring anything with me?
Yes. You should bring a Laptop. We have Internet provision at the Venue.
Is there a fee?
Yes. We charge Rs. 100/- per team. As a not-for-profit organization, this fee collected from you for this event would be used to build the community itself.
When is the last date for registration?
Registration closes on March 27, 2015 (Friday).
How do I pay the registration fee to you?
We do not have online payment support. Either it would be on-the-spot or you have to pay to one of the member of this community at your college. Our community members are available at SMVEC, MVIT, PEC, PU, RGCET, IFET, Alpha college of Engineering & Achariya Arts & Science College.
Where is the event happening?
The event is happening at Pondicherry Science Forum at Reddiarpalayam, Puducherry. Landmark: Opposite to State Bank of India, Reddiarpalayam.
FSHM & an electronic startup called Funshock are jointly organizing this event at Puducherry.