New year with new activities with same objective but with a new approach. January is a special month for us, since PuduvaiGLUG is born the same month 3 years ago. To celebrate this occasion and the upcoming Education Freedom Day, we have planned for various activities this month end. So keep following us.
First meet-up for this year and the month held on 12/01/2014 (Sunday) between 2pm – 5pm at Ocean Academy, ECR, Lawspet, Pondicherry. Around 15-17 members turned up for the meetup. We had an Introduction to Python programming by Prasanna Venkadesh (myself) followed by Vikneshwaren sharing his experience on Hacking Tor at IIT-Madras Hackfest and then followed by discussion on Agenda for Education Freedom day celebration.
We are looking for volunteers to take up the session on the following topics. If you are interested please do ping back.
- GCompris (http://gcompris.net/index-en.html)
- Stellarium (http://stellarium.org/), Celestia (http://shatters.net/celestia/) OpenUniverse (http://www.openuniverse.org/)
- gElemental, Kalzium (http://www.kde.org/applications/education/kalzium/)
- GeoGebra (www.geogebra.org/cms/)
Operating System vs Kernel (differences)
- Compilers (Gcc), Language (C, Python), IDE (CodeBlocks).
- Wikipedia / DDG / Firefox / Diaspora.
- Open Hardware (Arduino / Raspberry Pi).
Pictures of the sessions are here – https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.699273173450941.1073741832.248993515145578&type=1&l=0b6da4d97f