We are planning to conduct a 1 day workshop on “Getting Started with NS-2 in GNU/Linux“.
Since most of the Engineering students at the stage of their Final year, when they do projects based on Networks, they show it in Simulation and Network Simulator (popularly called as “NS2”) is one of the most widely used tool to simulate their project.
Who can attend this workshop?
1. Engineering Students, who are doing projects on NS-2 and who wish to learn NS-2 (Any year).
2. Other than students who are working at organisations and educational institutions are most welcome.
How to Register?
Send a mail to “email@example.com” strictly following the below mentioned:
1. Subject of the mail:- NS-2 Registration
2. Content of the mail:- Name, Institution, Contact number.
What would be the Registration fee?
Students:- Rs. 100/- per student.
Participants other than Students:- Rs.150/- per participant.
Note:- We are non-profit Organisation, the fee you pay is for the person who handle the session. We do not take your money.
Certificate will be provided.
Do I need to bring anything with me?
Laptop is mandatory to have a hands-on. Two or three persons can combine to work on a single laptop.
Also we request to bring extension power-cord to charge your devices.
Note:- Laptop should have any GNU/Linux Operating System. (Either as a dual OS, or single OS).
If you don’t have any GNU/Linux Operating System installed on your Laptop, we will get it installed on it, before the start of the workshop.
We request the participants to be present at the venue half-an-hour before, so that let everyone can feel comfort.
Session will include:
1. Installing NS-2, NAM and Xgraph in GNU/Linux.
2. Getting started with basic commands of NS-2.
3. Working with NAM (The Network Animator).
4. TCL – coding and running.
Sessions will be of hands-on type, where you can execute and exercise sample codes.
Date:- 10/03/2012 (Saturday)
Venue:- Ocean Academy, No-2, ECR Road (Opposite to Jeeva Rukhmani Mahal & Next to Latha Steel house), Lawspet, Puducherry – 605008.
Time:- 9:30Am – 3:30Pm (There will be break for lunch).
Note:– Food will not be provided by us. We request you to take care of your lunch.
S. Prasanna Venkadesh – firstname.lastname@example.org